Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: Intermittent toe pain on 4th toe

When I first get out of bed I have terrible pain under my 4th toe of my left foot. It is hard to walk-- I have to limp. After about 15-20 min it goes away. I'm usually fine during the day and then towards the end of the day, it returns. I've looked up neuroma but the pain is only on the bottom side of my 4th toe. Could it be something else? Thanks!!

Anonymous

One day I go to spa for a swedish massage. However, while the trained therapist starting about to massage my foot I felt that it was painful on my fourth toe beside my big toe. I don't know what happened. The next day I came back and I told them that the pain is still there and they just massage it again..But until now it is painful & I was so worried about this because it was 5days from that day and it wasn't well...Can anyone help me here what will I do? Thank's...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I also have this pain in my second toe (which is the one beside your big toe) and in my case, I have nerve damage from playing sports. I think it's a good idea to see a doctor if you are still in pain in the coming week. Give yourself another week to heal but don't get any massages or wear high heels why you wait.

Good

Anonymous

I have the same symptoms although I describe it as "bee sting" pain under my 4th toe. I tested negative for Morton's. I am waiting for x-ray results. Please share if you discovered the cause and any successful treatments. Thank you!

tesbrown

I am having the same problem. The pain is under the 4th toe. Feels like pinched nerve. Can't walk on it for at least 20 minutes, then it's ok until the end of the day and starts to hurt again when I take my shoes off. I haven't worn heels in over 10 years. Wear Sketcher's now. I checked into Morton's neuroma. Sounds kind of like it. Could it be any other thing?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to tesbrown)

Hi tesbrown

I think your best bet is to rule out Morton's before looking into other reasons, since it does sound like Morton's is what the issue is. If it's not the case, then you can work with your health care provider to find the cause.

~Susan

tesbrown (reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks for your reply Susan. I think you are right about it being Morton's. Is there any home treatments (as I do not have a health care provider). Feet are killing me.

Teresa

Anonymous

I have been having the same exact thing for a few months now. It comes and goes so randomly. If you touch your toe does it hurt? I can squeeze and bend it and it's fine, but when I go to walk it hurts! Has anyone figured it out?

I started working out in August and went to a running store to get fitted for sneakers because my old ones gave me pain the the shins. I have pronation, ankles turn in. About a month after wearing my new shoes, I also have this pain in my toe. I would say it like there is a water bubble and when I roll on my toes to walk it rolls and gives me pain like nerve pain, numbness. I went back to my old shoes, ankels turning in and hardly any pain in the 4th toe. So I beleive it is my shoes. My toe is not used to the pressure after I corrected my ankle turning and I run on my full foot. I bought a gel toe insert to spread my toe and it helped. I may need an orthodic to take pressure off toe area I think. This is my conclusion after many internet searches. Glad I am not alone!

I am in the same situation ... right foot 3 and 4th toes are sore when i walk, but if i bend or prod it doesn't hurt at all. sometimes it is excruciating and others it feels more like an annoyance ... It seems to have started out with numbness about 8 months ago and in the mornings it feels like it needs to crack and walking normally is diffucult - now it is sore most of the day when i move! what is the treatment?

Anonymous

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the very same thing except that my pain seems to last for about 24hrs. Then goes away. All the descreptions I have read on Mortons Neuroma say the pain is between the toes but this is definately under my 4th toe and feels like someone is sticking a sharp object in.

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :