Iron Cookware

During a recent yearly exam I was told by my doctor that my iron levels were too high. As part of her recommendation, she suggested not using iron cookware. Does anyone have any suggestions on healthy cookware that does not use iron in the casting, etc.?

I have hemachromatosis too and you should get treated for it, you need to go give blood every 2 weeks for a month to lower you iron levels down, it is a serious matter, you can get really sick if you don't. do a little research on what you can eat and what you shound avoid.
i'm shopping for a ceramic cookware for myself but i don't know exacly what i will buy, definitely no stainless steel and aluminium pans for you!

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER. From what I have read, iron overload generally isn't a problem in women who still menstruate, but it can cause trouble in men, because the only way to eliminate iron is in blood loss.
Here is a blog I found about that: The Healthy Home Economist: Health Hazards of Cast Iron Pans
Would stainless steel or aluminum pots and pans work for you? I have never heard of a doctor making cookware recommendations, does she work for All-Clad or Calphalon? I do have some stainless steel pots and pans, and I also have aluminum. I prefer the stainless to Calphalon at times, for being easier to clean. I do not own an iron pan, as far as I know.
Here is more information about hemochromatosis: Hemachromatosis
Good luck, and let us know what you find out.