Irregular bleeding

I had a period on 12th June lasted 6 days then on the 5th July I had a very light bleed manly brown discharge lasted only one day. On the 20th July I took a pregnancy test it was negative now the 1st August the same even lighter bleed this time only brown discharge. I have been taking cerazetta (mini pill) for 2 and a half years and normally I bleed two weeks on 2/3 weeks off. have been getting bad headaches and am very tired all the time. Any advice would be great

Thanks for posting to EmpowHER!

I assume you have not missed pills or been late taking them? Your negative test makes pregnancy unlikely.

Bleeding two weeks on and two/three weeks off is not really normal on the Pill. You should talk to your doctor about this as well as the changes. You may have a hormonal issue.

Thank you for the reply. No I have not missed or been late taking the pill. Doctors have previously told me that the bleeding is very common with this type of pill. Have never been soon long without a period do you think I should buy another pregnancy test?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Emart)

Hi Emart!

I think your doctors are wrong. Bleeding two weeks out of every five is not normal after being on this kind of birth control for several years. When I was on the mini-pill I never had that although we are all different.

While the mini-pill can cause more bleeding than the Pill, your kind of bleeding is rather excessive. You can test again if you like, for peace of mind but since you haven't missed any pills, pregnancy is very unlikely.