Irregular / late period

Im 18 and have bern getting my period since I was 10. My last period arrived on april 13th so I estimated my period to come on the 14th of this month. When my period didnt show up I wasnt surprised because it tends to be pretty irregular and also pretty brutal. On the 17th I stayed for a week at my aunts house to watch her dogs while she was out of town and was pretty crampy at night before bed. The cramps are normal but they usually happen when I wake up in the morning. Here it is the 24th of may and no period and the cramps seem to have gone. My menstrual cycle isnt really sensitive to stress but I read an article that said travelling can affect it as well. I was wondering if you had any advice or helpful words. Thank you so much. P.S. Being pregnant is not a possibility.

I can understand your concern about being late in getting your period. As of today, May 24, you are late by 10 days. But as you said, your periods are irregular. Causes (other than pregnancy) for a late or missed periods include hormonal imbalance, extreme dieting, stress, rapid weight gain or loss, increase exercising, travel and illness. Since this is the first time you have been this late in 8 years, I would relax and wait. If you do not get your period this month and next month, I suggest that you call your healthcare provider. That way you will have peace of mind and know if there is an underlying health issue that needs treatment. Wishing you the best.