Is this irregular or is it implantion bleeding?

By October 12, 2016 - 4:40am

Hi there, I had unprotected sex on the 5th of September after my period finished and again on the 11th if September. Two days later I went to the toilet and had blood only when wiping it was very light. It only lasted two days. I previously had my period and was on time due on the 3rd of October and ended 9th of October. From the 10th of October until now the 12th, I have blood again only when wiping. What does it mean?

Hi Hishka

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Your bleeding after sex could be due to friction (a lack of lubricant) - bleeding two days after this last period is likely residue from your recent period. Some women take a few days to stop bleeding fully, even after a normal 5-6 day period.

Implantation bleeding cannot happen right after a woman has her period. It happens about 7 day before her period is due or thereabouts.

As always, a pregnancy test will confirm this for you.

If you still have concerns, talk to your doctor.