Irregular Period

Hi. So I am 16 and I have never had sex before, but I did have oral sex a few weeks ago. I had a normal period August 12th. What is scaring me is that the day after having oral sex I had some bleeding. I thought it was maybe my period, because it was pretty heavy, but then it was super light that night, which is abnormal for me, because I usually have a really heavy period for like 3 days and thats it. Then after that night I have had some random discharge with a little bit of blood.

I know this could be stress related, because my dad, stepmom and sisters just moved to another state. Also i just started school again and the social/academic pressure is insane. But I am worried that it may be related to the oral sex! My period should come in like a week, unless what I had after oral was my period. I am just not sure when/if I should go into the doctor and it is scaring me!

Oral sex is mouth to genital sex, not genital to genital sex, therefore pregnancy is impossible. At 16 it's a bit concerning you don't know this. I encourage you to stop engaging in sexual activities until you know what you are doing so that you don't have these fears as they cause a lot of stress. This is turn can change your menstrual cycle.

I'm sorry so much family moved away, that's very hard for someone to handle. Your period will be along soon, and you can take a pregnancy test to confirm this.

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for your caring response. But did I ask whether people thought I was pregnant? Did I say anything about me being pregnant? No I do not and it was kind of bitchy response back but you are right I am naïve and stupid because I'm 16. Pretty sure I am probably smarter than you... but the fact that I got a perfect score on the ACT is besides the point. You need to think about stuff and the lasting affect you have on people because you are stooping down to the level of every other teenage girl that I know. I wasn't saying I might be pregnant because as everybody knows mouth to genital sex does not get you pregnant but thank you assuming that I did not know that. I was worried more about an STD because as you may not know STDs can be transferred through mouth to gentle sex. I feel that on a woman's help site like this if you really want to help you would be kind and actually some empathetic to people posting on it. But obviously this is not your case. I really do hope you have a nice day and thank you for your kind and caring response.