irregular periods!

By December 13, 2010 - 6:56am

My last period was on 29th october and that was a normal period for me, then i had ligher bleeding around 20th november but it only lasted a day and a half and now i've started bleeding again today. Me and my partner are still trying to have a baby and i took a home pregnancy test on friday and it came back negative ... i'm just wondering if that could be the right result or a false negative, and if this is actually my normal cycle.
My periods are always regular also!!
Thank you.

Hi lola marie!

A pregnancy test is very reliable so a negative result is also very reliable when taken properly and at the right time (not before 3-5 days of your expected period).

It sounds like you have your period again today so this would indicate you are not pregnant.

Your Nov period was indeed short but this can happen, even with women who are normally regular.

If your period now only lasts a day or so, take another test or you may want to check with your doctor.

Good luck to you!