Irregular vaginal bleeding

I am 25 years old, I have 2 children and had my tubes tied 4 years ago. I have had extremely regular periods (timing, consistancy, cramping, everything) for my entire life and even after BOTH of my C-sections, BUT for about a year now I have had extremely weird and irregular periods. It has gotten to the point where I no longer think it is stress or simple changes, I am concerned it could be something more but I haven't had an exam since my son's birth 4 years ago because I have no health insurance & am a full time student & cannot afford the high costs of just the exam. I have a 6-7 day menstrual cycle the first couple days are a bit heavy, which is normal for me, and the last few are just steady flow (not too much, not light enough to be "spotting"). Well, for about a year that I have noticed, after my menstrual cycle with the cramps and everything about 5 to 6 days later I start bleeding again. I start bleeding exactly how I do on my period, it is exactly like another period without the cramps and heavy flow at the beginning. It is not spotting or a little pink on the toilet paper, it is bright red and I have to use a tampon for the following days. It has lasted for as little as 4 days and up to 10 days. So for the most part I am bleeding pretty steady for about 17 days a month and I have no idea what to do. I can't afford a pap smear or doctor visit because I do not have any insureance. Any advice on how to fix this or what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank your for your post and I'm sorry you don't have health insurance. It's ridiculous that in such a powerful country we don't have free health care for those who need it.

There is not much you can do naturally to help with this. Sometimes you just have to get medical care and this seems to be one of those times. It sounds like you have something hormonal going on - some kind of imbalance that is causing this bleeding. You may have cysts that are causing this also.

Anon, you need to find low cost health care. Planned Parenthood offers very low cost healthcare. Blood tests do not cost a lot there and they will work on your regarding your budget. Please do your best to go in and chat with them about how they can help you.

Thank you for replying! Where I live there isn't much help with OB problems (that I can find, I have been looking for a while), and I was told that I can not get medicaid because I had my tubes tied & there is no reason for me to. Which I think is odd. I know our local health department does these exams, but for medicaid patients. I am not sure if I am just getting the run around or what but I am not familiar with these types of programs because I have always been on my parents health insurance and did not have to worry about it. I will continue to try and find somewhere I can go to get checked out. Thank you so much for your response!

HERWriter Guide (reply to this.wonderful.life)

Hi again!

We're not Medicaid specialists but Medicaid pertains to your economic/financial status - it has nothing to do with your tubes being tied. Whoever told you that is wrong. You need to try again - and insist on speaking with someone who knows what they are talking about!