Is it bad to take my dog everywhere with me?

I'm really attached to my dog and take it everywhere with me. It even comes to the bathroom with me. Do you think I have mental issues?

Hi Kelly

Thanks for this post! 

We can't tell by this post if you have mental issues. Clearly you are devoted to your dog which is a good thing! 

But if you need him everywhere, even in the bathroom, this isn't living a practical life. Being so dependent on someone or something may hinder your life. 

If your social life, your work life or family life is being negatively affected by this dependence, then you may have an unhealthy attachment. If not having your dog with you at all times stops you from doing the things you want to then you might want to detach somewhat. 

You also need to consider your dog's quality of life. Does he/she always want to be active with you? Does he/she get rest time and get to play with other dogs? 

If you (and your dog) live a great life, with no negative effects then who is to say what is normal and what is not?  These are the questions you need to ask yourself! 

Has this helped, Kelly?