It is a long story but I cannot travel on dates people expect me to do so. I need to fake an injury and I thought of a shoulder dislocation. How can I fake it? I do a lot of sports (jogging, tenis) so I can have the scenario of fall). Pls advice. Valerie

By Anonymous April 25, 2010 - 6:34pm

I am afraid of traveling with my boss to a Convention. He is kind but married and I have reasons to believe that this trip might lead to embarrasing situations that I weant to avoid at all costs. My absence will not be damaging to the Company. I need a good pretext to avoid this trip. A shoulder dislocation sounds credible. How to fake it?

Hi Valerie

Thank you for your question and I am so sorry you are in such an awkward situation.

It would go against EmpowHer's ethics to tell someone how to fake an injury (especially since many do it to make money from a lawsuit which is illegal) so we cannot help you.

How we can help you is with the situation you're in. Travel is part of the job for many people. Employees should expect to travel and work, free and clear of any kind of harassment. If your boss has come on to you in any way (including emails which you should keep) you need to document this. Document everything. If your boss is sexually harassing you, he is breaking the law. He needs to stop - you should not need to fake an injury to avoid being harassed!

In addition, faking an injury could come back to haunt you and as unfair as it sounds, could get your fired.

Valerie, can you explain to us what you boss has said, done or implied to make you so scared? Please remember that you are protected from this, by law, and your boss has no right to make you feel this way.

Please tell us more so we can help you; there are many ways to protect yourself without fear of losing your job or facing retribution. We're here to help you help yourself in this matter. Please update us as soon as you can-we'll be waiting for your post.

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide