ask: Is it normal for a 21 year old female to have a low sex drive?

By shayx4x89

I am 21 yrs old an been with my boyfriend for 4 yrs. The last 2 years I've had a low sex drive, don't get me wrong I love my boyfriend and I love when I'm having sex with him, but I just can't get in "the mood" he wants to have sex all the time, everyday and he complains how I never make any moves on him, thats just because I really don't feel like having sex I just dont even think about it or get in the mood anymore, is this normal for my age? an is there anything I can do to make it better?

What is "normal" is relevant, and if your low sex drive is causing difficulty in the relationship (either by your perception and/or your boyfriend's perception), it is time to talk with your Gynecologist.

You have been together for 4 years, and have noticed this change for the last 2 years. Are you able to pinpoint any possible changes that occurred a few years ago? You can ask your doctor to have your hormone levels checked, and talk with him/her about any other symptoms you are experiencing (dryness, pain during sex, emotional disconnection, etc).

Let us know if you have any additional questions. These articles are also helpful:
- What younger women say causes sex drive to nose dive
- Low libido advocacy sheet: how to talk with your doctor.

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: