Is it normal to get breast tenderness two weeks before period?

By January 27, 2015 - 2:42am

For the past two days, I've had tender breasts. My period isn't due for at least two more weeks. Although I am worried I am pregnant, I've never had sex, but my boyfriend and I have done stuff. About a week and a bit ago, his penis accidentally touched my vagina, it didn't go in, but it touched the outside. There was no cm, but I'm pretty sure there was pre-cm. I'm too afraid to tell my mum though. Is it possible I could be pregnant? Or is this normal?

Hello Doodles132,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. It is common for a woman to experience tender breasts about two weeks before she starts her period. This is a normal and commonly experienced pre menstrual symptom.

Try to relax because stressing out about this can cause a delay in the start of your period. If you normally have regular periods and this one is late to start by at least seven days, then take a pregnancy test. That is the only way to know if you are pregnant.