Is it normal to have a clicking sound in my wrist?

By December 4, 2014 - 1:24pm

Whenever I move my wrist, it makes a clicking sound. Should I be worried about this? What could be causing this noise in my wrist joint?

Hi Lauren

It's actually not uncommon to have a wrist that clicks. Mine do, especially when I make circles with them. 

Generally it's not something to be worried about since it doesn't sound you are in any kind of pain. But it's worth mentioning it on your next doctor's visit to be sure. 

Some more serious causes could be arthritis or due to a forgotten injury or a damaged tendon.

Mentioning it is probably a good idea - hopefully it turns out to be nothing!