Is it normal to have implantation bleeding for four days?

My period is very regular and i always have a 31 to 33 day cycle, on day 20 of my cycle i noticed a tiny bit of blood on the tissue after i wiped myself, it qwickly turned to brown in colour and is still appearing on the tissue everytime i wipe myself, it has now lasted for four days. ive also had cramp like pains on and off for the past four days. This has never happened before and i am not taking any birth control as i have been trying to concieve. Is this a sign of pregnancy and is it ok for implantation bleeding to last this long? I have not takin a home pregnancy test yet.

As to testing - you should be able to test in the next day or two.

Implantation bleeding is normally a little spotting - it's not the kind of flow like a period - even a light one. Can you tell us how much of this blood you are seeing?

Also, implantation is often light pink or brown so this may be what you are experiencing. With regard to the abdominal cramps, can you explain this kind of cramping more? Is it painful? Is it like period cramps or more of an ache?

Have you been pregnant before? Some women experience implantation with all their pregnancies so this may be a pattern for you.

If you can follow up with some answers, we can help you more! I hope it is a pregnancy sign for you!

Thanks for the reply. Ive never been pregnant before and the implantaion bleeding is more like a tiny bit of brown discharge on and off when wiping. the cramps are more of a dull ache that comes and goes, but yesterday i had lower back pain not severe but just enough to know its there, also my mood has changed very emotional then fine. Im not due on my period untill the 10th/11th when would be the best time to do a test?

(reply to Anonymous)

A home pregnancy test is 99% effective at detecting any "pregnancy hormone" once you have missed your period. So, the time to take a pregnancy test is if/when your period does not begin on the 10th/11th. Some tests say the best time is with your "first morning urine".

Let us know if you have any other questions!