ask: Is it normal to have an irregular cycle while breastfeeding? (2 weeks apart)

I had my first baby six months ago. I have been exclusively breastfeeding (with pumping while she is in daycare twice a week). My menstrual cycle returned for the first time on November 20th. Then I started what seems to be a period just two weeks later. I'm wondering if that is normal, or if something could be wrong? The bleeding is very similar to the implantation bleeding I had with my last pregnancy, but it started just four days after having sex, which makes me think it couldn't be this time...

Thanks for your post and congrats on your new baby!

Breastfeeding often stops periods from beginning after pregnancy altogether although once full-time nursing stops or solids are being introduced, a period returns. And irregularity is also common since you are still nursing.

However, since you have had unprotected sex and had a period beforehand (so you are ovulating again), pregnancy could be a possibility. A pregnancy test will let you know.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: