Is it normal to have a lymph node in the breast to stay presant over a year and change in size?

By Anonymous February 17, 2015 - 11:21am

About a year and a few months ago I had a Mammogram done and it showed a enlarged lymph node I was told it was of no concern and to move on in life. I was due for my yearly follow up and it shows change in size and it has gotten bigger I have always been able to feel it and I have no pain from it.My breast are very densed and I have severe FCBD I also have a strong family history of Breast Cancer which my mother passed from, should I be concerned? My follow up appt is next week to go over my reports.
Thank You
Orked 57

Hi Orked 57

Thanks for your post. 

I can understand your fears - anytime we have a lump, even if benign, it's concerning and if the lump gets bigger, that's even more so.

Anytime there is a change in breast conditions, you need to report it. Some women do have lumpy nodes or lumpy breasts in general but changes should still be reported. Lumps like yours can get bigger if you have had a recent illness or virus.

Make sure you present your concerns next week. 

I do not know what FCBD is. It's not a medical abbreviation I am familiar with. 

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide