Is it normal not to get periods for 50days even if your not breastfeeding and not pregnant nor eating or using any contraceptives and abstaining from having sex either?

i delievered last yr in dec 23rd and had my first period in jan 27th i than got my period in february 23rd, i missed in march and got them on 10th april and the last period was on may 28th i havent got any periods since im a quite stressed is it normal could weight be an issue coz i am 10kgs overweight compared to my pre pregancy weight and we havent been having alot of sex we have been abstaining and we r not using any pills or contraceptives because i am not even breastfeeding and i used to be a regular cycle before i had got pregnant.

Hi Rabia

Welcome to EmpowHer and thanks for your question!

Periods after childbirth can take several months to become regular again but you may want to check with your doctor to see why they are so irregular 8 months after birth, particularly when you are not breastfeeding.

10 kgs over weight since you had a baby is not very unusual as it can take up to a year to lose the baby weight. Do you want to lose this weight? 10kgs would normally not affect your menstrual cycle (it would if you were 10kgs under weight, but not as much over weight).

Why are you abstaining from sex? Are you stressed about getting pregnant again? Stress can really affect a person physically and can change their menstrual cycle.

Please update us about your situation a little more and we can help you further!

thank you Susan i have been married for almost 2.5years now i have one little boy i was about 63kgs before i got married two years ago and before i got pregnant i was 78 i guess just enjoying my married life eating delicious foods and all before i had delievered i had even reached 100kgs my gyno had even sent me for a gestational diabeties test becuse he was a little worried with my weight gain and it turned out to be negative he than asked to me to cut down on my salt intake as i was retaining alot of water and carbohydrate intake and asked me to cut down on potatoes rice etc i had a normal delievery. i am now 90kgs and dont even get time to exercise to loose this extra weight yes i do want to get rid of it i have been controlling on my foods though i breastfed in the first month but the milk wasnt enough for the baby so we used to top it up for him with s-26 eventually he got used to of bottled milk and didnt even wana take the breastmilk as much as i tried eventually i stopped breastfeeding. my periods is what was worrying me before i got pregnant i used to use the normal cylce days and used to avoid to have sex on the bad days and now its a little impossible as i dont trust contraceptives and dont believe in taking pills and was wondering how i would get my periods to become regualar again? i thought weight might be an issue coz i am overweight i am stressed i dont get to sleep well enough as i take care of the baby and my whole day and time goes on him im sure my husband does feel left out too..