Is it okay to have a 1 day withdrawal bleeding after 1 week of taking Nordette as ecp?

By June 21, 2016 - 12:25am

My lmp was from May 30 - June 5 then June 12 I had unprotected sex after 13 hours of the deed I took 4 pills of Nordette then another 4 pills after 12 hours. I vomited 5 hours after I took the 2nd dose but it was yellowish and has bitter taste. I didn't experience any side effects. 1 week after which is yesterday afternoon I had my withdrawal bleeding until now it is super dark brown with clots and kinda heavy but not as heavy as my regular period. I'm afraid it will last only today not for 3 days because I don't feel the blood coming out of my vagina . I also experienced breast soreness and mild abdominal cramps yesterday but they're gone now. Does this mean the pill worked? I'm afraid of the implantation bleeding.

I'm still worried :( I've been depressed and super stressed out since after the intercourse thinking that I would get pregnant.

Thank you for the answers.

Thank you so much Susan! I'm still bleeding but its lighter. I'm so happy and relieved. I'll take a urine and blood test next week just to make sure. Thank you again and best regards!

Hello and thank you for your post!

You don't have implantation bleeding, that is only a few drops. The bleeding you have sounds like normal side effects of taking emergency contraception and this is normal. Some women bleed for a couple of days, others longer. may also indicate you are not pregnant. Your other symptoms are common side effects too.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken correctly within 24 hours and you did this so your risk is extremely low. I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

In addition, I just urinated a while ago and there's blood dropping, I'm still bleeding.