Is it possible to be pregnant after getting withdrawal period from missing a birth control pill?

By April 14, 2016 - 10:58pm

I've been taking birth control for almost three years. I have experienced withdrawal bleeding before from missing pills, but this situation seems odd.
I have not missed a single pill and I'm on my last week before the 7 day sugar pills. I started bleeding midweek, and the only explanation I have is that somehow, I did not take the pills properly. This makes me think I've been unprotected for awhile, and I've been experiencing nausea and cramps for the past few weeks. Is it possible to be pregnant, even if I I have a withdrawal bleed (I've been bleeding for three days now, and it seems like it's not slowing down). Also, are my chances of being pregnant increased if I have unprotected sex (ejaculated inside) during withdrawal bleeding? Should I continue taking my next pack after bleeding or until my next period? Thank you, in advance.

Hi autumn

Since you did miss a pill and are now questioning your use of the Pills in general, take a pregnancy test to know for sure.

You are still protected from pregnancy during your fourth week without pills (when you have your withdrawal bleeding).

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/what-do-i-do-if-i-forgot-take-my-birth-control-pills