Is it possible to be pregnant if I was late for some pills?

By March 20, 2015 - 12:13am

Hi, so I've been taking birth control pills for about a year now and I've never had any problems. Me and my partner have always had a condom on every time we have had sex as well. Recently I was late to take my pill three days in a row. I took them on their correct days (week 1; tue, wed, and first pill of week two thursday) They were just really late. I usually take my pills around 7 am and this time I took most of them about 9 hours late once I got home from work. Today (thursday) me and my partner were in the heat of the moment and were rubbing genitals. He may or may not have accidentally slipped it in. I didnt feel anything honestly, and then we agreed that he may of just rubbed it roughly against the opening. He was certain that there was no pre ejaculation when it happened, but he had came twice before that maybe like 30 minutes before the whole ordeal. So I'm worried that there is a chance of sperm being in the pre ejaculation even if he said there wasnt any. I hope all of this makes sense. I'm just really worried because I took my pills late, and I've read every where that even if the boy barely puts it in you could get pregnant because of pre ejaculation especially after he's ejaculated before hand. Please help so I may rest easier at night.

Hi Jesse101

If you don't know if a penis was inside you then there is not much we can say about that. 

If sperm is deposited at the vaginal opening there is some risk of pregnancy but it's very low. 

Nobody can make any promises but I would say your risk of pregnancy was extremely low.  You need to take your pill at the same time every day so you don't have these worries.