Is it Possible to get Pregnant by Hand??

By November 7, 2009 - 12:17pm

Okay: I'm 23, had sex for the first time on Oct. 25th. I am on BC, but was on the 'reminder' pills pertaining to that day. Guy wore a condom, but prior to us having sex, I performed oral.....and I'm not sure if pre-cum was on my hand or not. Well, after we had sex, he went into the bathroom, however I inserted my hand (the same one I used performing oral on him) inside of me, stuck it in my mouth, and went back down on me. Two days later, I got my period...things seemed fine. NOW, I'm a little worried that I might be pregnant.....I'm feeling bloated, gassy, my discharge is like, watery, a little nauseous, and a little emotional. I WILL be taking a Preg. test this week coming.

(sorry for the "details").

I know it's a silly question to ask, but is it possible that I'm pregnant?

Thanks! Reading the comments have put me at ease....and has physically made me feel better....but I will go as planned with the test.

I will keep you posted. :)

(reply to Key)

Your other option (instead of taking a pregnancy test) is to just wait until your next period. There is just not a chance of pregnancy from all of the factors you indicated:
- taking birth control pills, so you had protected sex
- used a condom, and therefore, a "double" protection from pregnancy
- length of time semen was on your hand (sperm is very fragile, and if you had semen on your hand during foreplay, then had sex for at least a few minutes, it is unlikely that the sperm would have lived more than a few minutes. Sperm only lives a few minutes outside of a body.)

Plus, most importantly: having a period after sex indicates that you are not pregnant. It is the absence of a menstrual period that may be a sign of pregnancy. You can consider your menstrual period your best "pregnancy test" that you are not pregnant.

All of these factors combined means that you are not pregnant from this previous sexual encounter. Congratulations on using safer sex practices, and be sure to keep using your pill and condom for best chances of preventing pregnancy!

Thanks for your update and don't be embarrassed! Even people who have been having sex for years and years don't know everything! There isn't a person on earth who knows everything about sex (no matter what they say!).

I think you will be fine! Please update us but it's not likely you have anything to worry about.

You can't get pregnant if you are taking your BC pills as indicated. You don't ovulate when you are taking the blue sugar pills anyhow.

Oh NO!! I wasn't hoping for ANY conception at ALL. I did it (the hand thing) b/c it was my first time, and well..there was discomfort. Apparently I wasn't thinking......::embarrassed:: :((

Thanks for the comment. :)

If you are on the Pill and taking it correctly, you are protected from pregnancy. The reminder pills have nothing to do with placing you in a risky category in this case. You take the reminder pills in order to maintain the habit of taking a pill every day. If you are taking the active pills as directed, you are protected. It might be a good idea to read up on the literature of your particular birth control pill to ensure you know what you are taking, and why. I'm a little concerned that you are not understanding how your birth control works so read up a little more and this will ease your fears.

As to your other concerns, you should be fine. But when you say that you may have had semem on your hand, and put your own hand inside you, then inside your mouth and back inside your vagina again - were you hoping for pregnancy? If you felt there was risk of pregnancy, why would you do that? You said you didn't do this until he went to the bathroom so it sounds like you were doing this when you knew he could not see you. I may not be understanding what you are meaning, in this case, so forgive me if I'm not comprehending that part of your post.

If you got your period right after, you're fine. And if you haven't had unprotected sex you are probably fine now. Your symptoms are probably due to something else, possibly even stress.

Remember that the Pill protects you against pregnancy only; you are not protected against disease or infection.

Take care and thanks for finding Empowher!