is it possible to get pregnant if you have unprotected sex days before getting your period?

I am on an ultra low dose 24 day pack bcp, take my pills everyday, and have been since Sept2009. I am currently on my 3rd out of 4 placebo reminder pills. I should be due for my period tomorrow. We had unprotected sex this morning. I also have my partner use the withdrawal method so he does not ejaculate in me. What are the odds that I could be pregnant? I was also wondering if what I'm considering my period tomorrow, could it just be withdrawal bleeding? And if it is, do I have anything to worry about when it comes to preventing pregnancy?

what if I were to have unprotected sex (still using bcp and the withdrawal method) on the day I'd suspect to ovulate? (2weeks after my period ended). Is there a possibility to get pregnant then?

Thank you VERY much Susan! =)

Thank you Susan, I very much appreciate your help! I have another question to ask if that's alright. I understand that having unprotected sex while a woman's on her period, can transmit STD's just like any other genital fluid. Me and my partner are both clean, and were wondering if it would be safe to practice the same form of intercourse, I explained in my previous question, while I'm on my period? (Bcp + Withdrawal)

HERWriter Guide (reply to Bri189)

Hi again Bri

It's always fine to ask another question!

It is not considered unsafe to have sex while on your period (this is not the case if you are HIV+ or have any condition that is transferred via blood) so you can go ahead and have sex any time of the month you like. It might be a good idea to be tested for blood conditions like Hepatitis, HIV and the like. People can be carriers and not even know it.

And you can continue to use withdrawal during your period if it makes you feel more protected but it actually does not make a difference!

I hope this helps and if we can help you more, let us know!

Hi Bri189

Thank you for your question!

You are NOT having 'unprotected' sex by having sex without a condom or if your boyfriend ejaculated inside you during your placebo time. As long as you don't miss your pills and take them as indicated, you are fully protected during this 'placebo' time. The reason we take the placebo is to remind us to take our pills (the active ones) and the placebo pill also contains some iron, which is good to take right before and during your period. It's amazing how we fall out of the habit of taking pills in a few days of not taking them so we are advised to take the placebos to keep our habit in check.

Your bleeding tomorrow will be your withdrawal bleeding - not any kind of indication of pregnancy.
In summation: you are protected during your inactive pill taking phase, even if you boyfriend ejaculates in you.

I hope this helps you!