Is it possible to have chronic aortic dissection? ie- layers of the vessel separate and cause pain but then repair or adhere back together. Not sure if chronic is the right word.

I experience mid back, left shoulder to arm pain associated with cardio level workouts(HR 135-150-170). This pain occures after the work outs approximately 30 min to hours. 53y/o. Work up for chest pain included neg. echocardiogram with trace regurg. in valves. MRI for liver noted incidentally "Subsequent to the IV administration of contrast there is peripheral nodular enhancement that parallels the enhancement of the aorta on all the sequences. On the more delayed postcontrast images there is filling in of this mass. No additional similar such area is noted elsewhere" I had a nonmalignant lesion removed from my lung so I see a pulmonologist who had ordered the MRI (for liver lesion)that was seen on CT for possible embolism in lung ie significant chest pain. He said all the tests were neg and everything fine. Had no idea why I would be having any pain. I want to participate in a mini triathalon in Aug and have been working out(low level) for past 3 years but every time I get too involved this pain becomes more persistant and intense. PC doc received copy of report and gave me Rx for pepsid. Pain really aggrevated when I do prolonged inversions in yoga. I keep thinking if I just remain consistant with my workouts it will go away. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Anon, have you ever had any back injuries? Ever been checked for herniated discs, for example?

On the cardio part, did they do a treadmill stress test on you? If so, did the pain occur then?

When you say cardio-level workouts, are you using an elliptical? a bike? a treadmill? swimming?

Has the Pepcid helped any?

If you can give us some more information like the above, we'll see if we can submit it all to one of our medical experts for an opinion.