Is it possible to have a clot form in the leg while you are getting coumadin test levels of 2.5

I broke my right ankle in May and did not seek medical care for one week. At that time they discovered a blood clot in the area of the ankle. Treatment was started with heparin and followed by coumadin which I have been taking ever since.( 3mg) once a day. Could another clot form with levels of 2.5 ?

Thanks for your question and I'm sorry about your broken ankle/blood clot. Blood clots can be very scary.

Your dosage of Coumadin would be considered average to low generally speaking) but blood clots can still happen, even with medication. Are you getting monthly tests? When you say your "level" is 2.5 - what level do you mean? Do you mean your level of anti-coagulation?

Blood Clots

Blood Clots Guide