ask: Is it possible to have a seizure with post concussion syndrome?

I had a blow to my head about 2 months ago, and yesterday I had what seemed like a partial seizure. Afterwards my hands,arms, and head keep shaking, and my head keep bobbling up and down. The hospital did a cat scan and told me that I have post concussion syndrome. Is it possible that I had a seizure? Is it possible that I have something else along with the PCS?

Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which a variable combination of post-concussion symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion.

Seizures are not a reported symptom. Headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability, impaired memory and concentration, insomnia and lowered tolerance for noise and light are the usual symptoms.

I think you need further diagnostic evaluation:
EEG (electroencephalogram) is a test that measures and records the electrical activity of your brain. It is useful in diagnosing seizures.
MRI scan of the brain (magnetic resonance imaging) uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create detailed images of the brain. It can be done with or without contrast. This scan can detect any abnormalities or injury to the brain that may be causing seizure activity.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

While seizures may not be one of the symptoms they lump into post concussion syndrome, they do sometimes come about after suffering a concussion. While the MRI may show some type of injury, no visible injury may be present as well. The concussion itself may have caused a disruption to the firing of the neurons in the brain, at times this disruption results in the experience of a seizure.

Postconcussion Syndrome

Postconcussion Syndrome Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :