is it possible for sperm to be fertilizing the egg while your on your period?

By Anonymous December 13, 2011 - 3:54pm

I had sex a few days before my period and the guy ejaculated on my stomach and not inside...and i got my period like 2 days and after my period was over like 5 days later i had sex with my bf..and now i'm pregnant. Was it possible for the sperm from the first guy to have reached my egg?

According to Early-Pregnancy-Tests.com, "On average, we can expect sperm to survive just a day or two..."

If you didn't conceive on the actual day of sexual intercourse, then you conceive within 24 or 48 hours afterwards.

so this happens the same day of sexual intercourse? and i thought that sperm can live for awhile n wait 4 an egg?

You conceive (get pregnant) during sexual intercourse. To get pregnant, your ovary releases an egg. The egg travels through the fallopian tube on its way to the uterus. A sperm for ejaculate during sex enters the vagina and travels to the uterus where it meets the egg. Sperm fertilizes the egg and pregnancy happens.

It is more likely that you conceived during sexual intercourse following your period.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thnx for ur answer...but i got pregnant like a week later..is it styl possible for it 2 happen a week later after intersourse.