Is it really ok that I am positive for Trichomoniasis and my boyfriend is negative??

By March 31, 2010 - 9:39am

I was diagnosed with this last week and was given 2 Grams of Flagyl antibiotic. I told my boyfriend and he went to his doctor (thats where he feels comfortable) and his doctor performed a urine and penial analysis. His test came back negative? So he was not treated. We both have not cheated and have been together a year this month.

I am going back to the doctors today at 3pm because I dont think the medicine is working for me because as of yesterday I am having a thick discharge. ((Sorry if its t.m.i))

When I called my doctor they said I may need to take the treatment 2 pills a day for 7 days.

What do you think??
Is it normal that my boyfriend is negative and not medicated but I am positive and have to be treated??

I went to the er with symptoms of a yeast infection. Was shocked when the doc said I was positive for trich. Ive not been with anyone other than my bf in two years. I know my bf is faithful as well and his test was negative. Theres no way that this came from having sex. But it's pretty much ruined my relationship. I feel so sorry for anyone else that has gone though this

I actually went to my doctor because my boyfriend of 3years tested positive for it. I don't have any other sex partners and he said he doesn't but I went and got tested anyway. My results showed I tested negative for everything then a week later received a call from my doctor saying I did have it. I didn't have any symptoms but my doctor found traces of it in my urine after 1 week. My boyfriend definitely blamed me for it then switched his story around and said he had a uti...Very confusing for me because I've never been diagnosed with an std before. We use condoms but I'm still confused about it..It may not show up instantly in most cases but if the doctor finds something over a weeks time if he got tested they will notify him.

I'm a female I just found out I have trich, I been dating this guy for 18wks & we stop using condoms after the 7th week. He claim he didn't cheat on me but I never had this infection in my life, & yesterday I found out from a girl on a social site that she's been dating him so I'm lost confused I feel like my world is over

My questions is
Did he give this infection to me?
The only infection I ever had was an yeast please help me any advice is good advice at this point
I just feel like I should leave this guy alone for good

He may have Trich from months ago and just not know it. But I would insist on going with him to a doctor to get him tested as he may have infected you.

Go with your gut as to whether to stay or not.

I dated a guy for 5 years and we stopped using condoms. Low and behold, I got trich. I asked him about it and he came clean to cheating on me several times over the past year and he said that any of the 10+ girls could have given it to him. I still suggest using condoms unless you have a great guy. I thought I did but my world shattered while sitting in the health department.

I was just informed today from my doctor that I was positive for Trich. I was told at the end of last year that I have HPV. I am very scared because I have never had any STD's. My question is, could my doctor tell at the time she did my pap that I had trich? Could having trich at that time have caused my pap to be abnormal?

A pap test is when cells are scraped from the cervix and analysed for signs of cancer. The HPV virus is the leading cause of cervical cancer. It causes most cervical cancers. Trich does not cause abnormal cells - they are caused by the HPV virus. 

Unless you had symptoms then a pap would not show Trich. Symptoms of Trich are pretty obvious - a really bad discharge with a bad smell. 

Anon, whoever your partner is needs to get into a clinic immediately - HPV is a serious infection and untreated Trich can be too. Someone is giving you diseases/infections. Never have sex without a condom unless you're with a longterm partner and you both get checked out beforehand- it's just not worth it. 

Actually, a Pap smear would show trich. I'm a public health nurse and we have definitely found trich on the pap smear that had no symptoms. What we normally do is what's called a wet mount that we look at under the microscope the day of the visit that shows trich, but if a woman is asymptomatic we do not perform a wet mount. I actually just had a client that had no symptoms, so no wet mount was done, but when her pap came back it was positive for trich. And she had been abstinent for the last year and never knew she had it.

HI i really need help soo i have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now we were both are clean for 4 years ..2months ago..i had a abortion and a miscarriage..and i had an iud put in before the doc put that in she gived me a pap test and when the results came back it said i had trichomoniasis i taught that was wired cause i had not been with anyone else soo i told my boyfriend and we been fighting ever since cause i swear up and down that he didnt give me anything sooo he just went to the doc and got checked and it came back that he has nuttin how is that possible now he says that am sleeping around and its hard for me cause we have two kids and now he wants to leave me for something that i didnt do could i have gotten this from having the abortion or the miscarriage? please help

The same thing happened to me .... after my abortion I got trichomoniasis ..... I've been with my partner for 2 years now and nither of have cheated...

Trichomoniasis Guide