Wellness

Hi, I'm going to have CT done next week from my abdomen and I was told by my doctor that it also shows the colon. I want to know is this correct that CT shows the colon? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa6666

Thank you for your reply. My doctor ordered this test and I'm having it done this Tuesday. I want to know does CT show the colon? My main concern is the colon. I was told it might be possible to have inflammation in the colon, if God forbid it's something like this how do they treat this? Is it something that is taken care of by surgery? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

DaisyN Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa6666,

Treatment for inflammation of the colon also know as Ulcerative colitis, can be treated from medication such as corticosteroids to surgery.   You need to discuss with your doctor as to which treatment would be best for you, if that would be your diagnosis.   

Daisy

DaisyN Guide

Hi Melissa,

Welcome back. An abdominal CT scan is an imaging method that uses x-rays to create cross-sectional pictures of the belly area.  You will need to discuss this with your doctor, since he is the one that ordered the test for you.

Daisy

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: