ask: Is it too early to tell?

I have a 33 day cycle which is usually on time every month...except this month. It is now 8 days late. I took a test last Saturday in the late afternoon and the test was negative so I expected my period to come on later. However, this week I am having slight cramping, tender breast, and mood swings. Is there a difference in period cramps and pregnancy cramps? I cramped my last pregnancy but I had a positive test during week 4.

For the most accurate results, you should do a home pregnancy test using the first urine of the morning.

During early pregnancy, some women have the feeling that their period is about to start, with mild pelvic fullness or bloating, tender breasts and mild cramping.

You may want to retest in a week. Or you can schedule an appointment with your gynecologist and have a blood pregnancy test done.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: