Is it true that women over 50 should cut their hair?

I'm over 50, I've heard that cutting your hair will make you look younger when you hit a certain age. Is there any truth to this?

Hi Ali

Thanks for this post! 

No, it's not true. These are opinions based not on "helping" women look younger but on sexism. Long hair is for the young - rubbish! I have a head of long hair, with not an ounce of gray and it's glorious! I'm 44. 

If I want long hair at 50 or 60 or 90, I will! What keeps a woman looking young is vibrant, well-nourished, shiny and healthy hair. 

Some women at any age look better with short hair and some with long hair. Because women can experience much dryer hair when older, it can look better shorter. But other look fantastic with long hair. Simply go with what looks good! 

For healthy hair tips using natural products, read here: