Itching near the vagina

I had this itchy feeling above the vaginal entrance a couple days ago and still do, when I looked at the urethral opening it looked swollen and when I checked it, it had this rough feeling to it. It doesn't hurt to pee or anything, I had also looked up what it could be but I couldn't find anything related to it. I'm 16 and have never had sex, I'm healthy and I take care of my body. I don't know what it could be.

Since you are not sexually active we can rule out a sexually transmitted infection.

The cause of the itching might be dry skin, or bacterial infection, a less common strain of yeast that required special medication, or irritation by and allergic reactions to common products such as soaps, creams, and lotions.

If this doesn't go away in the next week, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor. You may need an exam but it doesn't sound like something to worry too much about.