It's bad enough suffering through an unrelenting full body rash that only stops itching when it burns because I have to soak the bandages off that stick to my oozing skin, and after all the forms, tests, biopsies and steroids, why am I told...

...there isn't anything to ease the tormenting need to claw and scrape and dig into my skin - to make it bleed, just to feel something other than the twitching spasms of my nerves, demanding the sweet distraction of an intolerable, ice cold shower or, if it's winter, standing outside, bare foot, in a snow bank - just to stop the itching for a minute. Four years ago I was able to find photos and descriptions of three of the five rashes I had that were one common and two 'uncommon' psoriasis(es). One doctor said we would just call it 'A Typical dermatitis' to which I said, "We can call it Fred. I just need him put to sleep!" When I said I thought one rash may be a fungal thing, I was prescribed something that I called 'the sheep dip' that was so toxic it can only be used/applied one time during a persons whole life... Another doctor had me applying 3 different strengths of steroid creams and taking oral steroids. This worked fairly good until reducing the oral steroids below a certain point - the rash was back in a flash! After months of trying everything everyone suggested, with only moderate success, I believe the rash ran the course it meant to run and most of it got bored and left the area - or went into hibernation - until about two months ago. Although I think I'll go crazy with the itching and the pain is almost more than I can stand (about twice a day, for a couple of hours each time) I still think I am better off than I was when I hoped someone would help me.

Sorry to be such a downer. but until a few years ago when I noticed I might have developed an allergy, I had never been sick or had a reaction to anything or even really had a cold (never the flu or even to a doctor) so I had expectations and have never been so discouraged and disappointed... And now, to my horror, I've turned into a terrible whiner! I'm not even sure if I managed to ask a question. Thanks for any insight. Belinda VN

Hi Belinda!

Thanks for your post! Even if you haven't asked a direct question, it's good to get it out.

What exactly is your diagnosis or do you have one yet? It sounds like it's still a mystery?

What have you been tested for, Belinda? Allergies? Auto immune conditions? We look forward to hearing back from you-

Skin Rash

Skin Rash Guide