It's been 2 years and I still get really anxious - what should I do?

I have been dealing with anxiety/depression for the last 3 months: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/i-think-i-have-generalized-anxiety-disorder-and-im-terrified (my post about it)

For the past 2 weeks or so I have felt MUCH better. I've been eating a lot more (gained back 4-5 pounds) and have been socializing more and keeping myself busy and happy. I haven't even been experiencing much anxiety at all. However, I have continued to avoid going to my boyfriend's house for dinner on Sundays (which I used to do every week). My anxiety first hit on a Sunday, at my boyfriend's house, during dinner and I feel that if I go to his house it might happen again. I've always been relatively shy around his family, but I do get along with them and find them to be wonderful people. However I've never been very social with them and have always been quite reserved when I'm around them. Nevertheless, before my first anxiety attack, going to his house on Sundays was routine and I was used to it and even looked forward to it. It's been over a month since I've been to his house for dinner and he has confronted me about it. We are definitely going next Sunday and I am terrified of feeling anxious and losing my appetite and going back to step one. But at the same time I want to confront the issue and prove to myself that I can do it. I'm terrified. What should I do? Last time I was over at their place I could hardly finish my dinner and had to leave home early. When I went home, I threw up my dinner and then went into a never-ending fit of crying and that's when depression hit.

*My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 2 years*

Hi theskyisyours

Thanks for your post. I know you've been dealing with anxiety for a long time now.

But I need you to talk a little about why dinner once a week with his family is triggering such anxiety attacks? You have been doing very well lately and his family are good to you and you've become used to going over to them and enjoying your time there.

So what triggers this one thing? Are you afraid something bad will happen there? What happened between all the good visits and that one anxiety attack that now stops you from going over? When you get to the bottom of this, it'll really help you end this.

By the way, is your boyfriend being supportive of you? When you say he "confronted" you, what do you mean by that?

Anxiety Guide