I've been getting severe headaches from the air conditioner blowing on me. Is this common?

By July 7, 2014 - 7:20am

While I'm at work all day the air conditioner vent blows directly on me and causes bad headaches and migreane. No one else in the office seems to be bothered. And I don't experience headaches during the months that the AC isn't running as much. Is this unusual? What do you recommend? 

Hi Lauren

Thanks for this question and I'm sorry the much needed summer a/c is bothering you! Air conditioners in hotels give me bronchitis so I avoid hotels as much as possible, preferring condo rentals instead .

Air conditioners can contain bacteria, allergens and even mold and can wreak havoc on a person's respiratory system, as well as headaches and sinus problems. 

Have your employer clean them out and use good air filters that keep bacteria and allergens at bay. 

I also suggest you move your desk straight away, I'm sure some extra room can be found elsewhere, especially if you have such a clear reaction to the a/c. 

Read this share here, that has advice about air conditioning and avoiding upper respiratory conditions (show it to your boss, too!)

Let us know if you feel better! 

Lung Conditions

Lung Conditions Guide