I've been having major headaches, could this be bad?

By Anonymous December 4, 2014 - 6:41pm

I was in a car crash when I was younger and hit the dashboard, then flew out of the windshield. 10 years later I start getting major headaches, constantly tired, and a bump where I had previously hit my head. The bump showed up within the past 6 months. I am not sure what to do. I am currently a student, meaning I have work to do all day so I can't just sleep or lay down when it hurts. But, it is to the point I don't even plan on it I just lay my head down while writing and next I know I'm asleep. It takes me a few hours to fall asleep and then I have restless sleep. I wake up dizzy with a headache. My left ear is starting to hurt, which is also the side where the bump is on my forehead.

I don't know why you are having this headache frequently. But I don't think it is linked with your past trauma in any way. The accident could have affected you psychologically, I would say. Why don't you take sessions of massage therapy ? I used to have frequent headaches- the pattern repeating ones . Perhaps a migraine or sinus attack ( occurring once or twice a week). Then I started taking massage therapy sessions from Physiomed health care practitioner at Toronto.

Thanks for your post. 

You absolutely have to see a doctor about this.  Concussions can cause damage years after the incident that caused the concussion in the first place. 

Head injuries are very serious - you really do need to talk to a doctor and get tested to make sure nothing serious is going on. 

Read more here:

Will you let us know how things are going with you?

Sure will, thank you.