Drug Addictions

Drug Addictions Guide

ask: I've been off vicodin after quitting cold-turkey for 2 months now.. I still am not feeling normal... I mean I am over the detox symptoms, but then why am I still expierencing headaches and tired/ dizzieness, as well as, pain.

I am wondering what kind of damage I've caused myself from using vicodin for years (usually about 2-3 a day), that I am still not feeling myself? I'm always agitated and tired, as well as, dizzy. Can anyone tell me when I am going to feel normal again? After 2 months, shouldn't the vicodin be out of my system?

Thanks for your post.

Vicodin is addictive, unfortunately, and taking it every day for years can lead to addiction, no matter now accidental.

2-3 pills may not cause damage to the body but we cannot tell you that for sure.

Your pain could be due to the fact that you're legitimately still in pain due to why you needed Vicodin in the first place (accident/injury) but you may also be going through psychological withdrawal too. Quitting cold turkey isn't always a good thing - especially to something addictive.

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor. While the Vicodin is out of your system now, your body and mind may still be craving it - it has been used to having a narcotic for years. Please contact your health care professional.

~Susan