Iv'e had a concussion for 8 months and I'm I can't go in the sun. It makes my skin feel like it's burning after just 2 minutes!

Could it be my immune system thinks the sun is a foreign invader and reacts differently to it? I never had this problem before my concussion. I don't take any medication either so it's not that.

It's concerning that you are still facing possible side effects from a concussion 8 months ago. Many people are back to normal anywhere from a week to 6 weeks post-concussion. 

Concussions are serious business. A concussion is a traumatic injury to the brain and needs to be monitored carefully. 

Are you getting headaches from the sun now or is it just your skin? If it's just your skin, there does not seem to be a correlation to a brain injury that I can find. However, there is certainly a link of light sensitivity due to concussions so there may be a connection there in terms of your new symptoms. 

I would not "watch and wait" any longer, though. If you are experiencing a variety of new symptoms even months after a concussion, you do need to see your doctor. Some concussions have long-term repercussions and waiting is not a good idea. You also should not have to deal with this kind of discomfort, Anon. 

Read about concussions here on our Brain page: 

Will you put a call into your doctor and keep us posted?