Ive had my Period for almost a month long, why wont it go away?

By March 29, 2010 - 8:26am

i was on the depo shot for 3 months then i when on the pill but only took it for 2 weeks because i keep forgeting to take them, after that i got my period regular for 5 days. but about two weeks later i got my period again, but this time for 10 days then i was off it 2 days and back on it, its been 9 days and wont go away! i tought i was pregnant maybe but took a pregnancy test and was negative, what can be wrong with me im scare to go to my doctor..

Thanks for the advise, I think your probably right. I will schedule and appointment and give you an update later on.

Hi 6464431

Thanks for your question and welcome! Depo is known to take some time to leave the body so that, mixed with a new method of birth control, mixed with missing a lot of pills and add in your period? I think your monthly cycle may be confused and needs another month to adjust itself back to normal.

However, I would still suggest a visit to your doctor, just to make sure. Why are you scared to go? Are you afraid something awful is wrong? Please don't think this way although I know it's perfectly natural to do so. If there really is something wrong, attending to it straight away is the best gift you can give to yourself. It's very likely though that this problem is simply connected to your changes in birth control and missed pills.

Will you update us after you see someone?