I've had my period for a long time is anything wrong.

Hi I'm 13 and I've had my periods for 3 weeks to 1 month with around 2 week breaks in between. There have also been solids in the blood is that normal. I've had my first period about 9 months ago so I was wondering if my body is still like getting used to having periods.

Hi I went to the doctor and they told me to temporarily take 275 mg of anoprax 3 times a day. He also made an appointment for me to go to a specialist soon. So let's see what happens!

Anaprox is a pain killer, often sold as Naproxin.  Are you in pain? If so, it will help. 

Keep us posted on your visit to the specialist! 

Really thanks I'll go to my doctor ASAP and find out if anything is wrong.

Good for you Anon, keep us posted! 

Bleeding like this is not normal and not good for you - you could end up anemic. 

Even though you only started your periods 8 months ago, this should not be a way to "settle in" to a menstrual cycle. 

It's very advisable that you see your doctor about why this is happening and how to stop it. There are various ways to do this that you can discuss with your doctor. I know that at 13, it's not an easy conversation to have but your doctor will know all about this. 

You can learn all about the menstrual cycle here:

Will you ask to be taken to your doctor, Anon?