I've had a small ball underneath my left armpit and next to my left breast and I recently grew two dark moles on my left nipple and it's been very irritated, what is a diagnosis for this?

By April 20, 2016 - 10:25pm

I've had a small ball next to my left breast underneath my armpit. My mom said it was probably a muscle or something so I ignored it. Then this week I noticed a pain in my left nipple and it started getting worse and it's very sensitive. Then I also noticed that I've grown two dark moles around that nipple with more growing. My right side is completely fine. What's a diagnosis for this? What should I do? Could this be a sign of cancer?

Hi Clarissa Valdez

Moles can pop up anywhere on the skin, at any time. Most are harmless but ALL new moles need to be checked to make sure they are not cancerous.

Same with the lump next to your left breast. It could be a harmless cyst but it too needs to be examined. Nobody can give you a diagnosis over the Internet. I suggest you make an appointment with your doctor.

Read more on moles here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/moles