Jelly - like vaginal discharge

By May 25, 2011 - 10:00am

Hello! I have been experiencing really clear,really thick jelly-like vaginal discharge. i haven't had unprotected sex recently. I also had yeast infection before but it was treated and the symptoms are the exact opposite. am i just fertile/ovulating?

Anonymous

Hi I've had a clear jelly like discharge that I've never had before my partner and I ha e been trying for a number of years to conceive but haven't been lucky at all we haven't even had a miscarriage could someone please tell me what the clear jelly like discharge is please.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you have never experienced this before, consider telephoning your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
I am wonderind some things. I have a 13 month old baby boy and since having him my periods have been really messed up. Sometimes I get the jelly like discharge and no period and I'm so scared of endometriosis or polycysistic ovarian. Since having my son I had a miscarriage back in September of this year. I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to have a period with signs like, ( bloating, eating more or wanting chocolate, but no cramping ) and I have gained a lot of weight since having my son. Do you think this is normal?

I am very sorry about your miscarriage.

It sounds like you may have a hormonal issue since childbirth and you should also get your thyroid levels checked - this can be done by a simple blood test.

Please keep us posted.

I Had my period a couple days earlier than expected, on 11/30. Day one i was spotting pinkish color. Day 2 Was kind of heavy. day 3 it stopped and Ive been on and off spotting brownish or pinkish color for 6 more days. Now Im have gel like discharge. the first time i saw it, it had redish streaks in it and now it is clear. Ive also had some cramping.

- my period usually last 3 days, 1 day heavy 2 days slow down and 3 day spotting

It sounds like you had a period that was pretty normal for you except for more spotting.

The discharge is likely that you are ovulating now and had a small bit of bleeding going on that has since stopped.

You may have had a hormonal glitch that caused this, this month. See what happens next month - you may go back to normal.

Anonymous

Hello, I am 14, me and my friend had unprotected sex about a month ago. And now I am having this clear gel like substance coming out of my vagina and I haven't been that hungry in the past couple of days?!?!? Can someone tell me what's wrong!

Seems like you have the healthy appetite of an active teen, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

A clear substance often means a female is ovulating.

Anonymous

Hello, so I'm 14,5 years old and I had unprotected was with my bf yesterday.. Today I saw a jelly liquid coming out of my vagina.. I don't know what it was and why but can u please tell me that I'm not pregnant!

This liquid was probably a mixture of your own body fluids and sperm.

You are 14 years old and having unprotected sex - do you know how dangerous this is? Why would you make such choices?

Nobody can tell you if you are pregnant but I do encourage you to take emergency contraceptives immediately. They are available at any drugstore. I believe in some areas you have to 16+ to get them so call your doctors office about your options. You will need to take this medication straight away.

You are really risking your future by having unprotected sex.