ask: Jelly - like vaginal discharge

Hello! I have been experiencing really clear,really thick jelly-like vaginal discharge. i haven't had unprotected sex recently. I also had yeast infection before but it was treated and the symptoms are the exact opposite. am i just fertile/ovulating?

Anonymous

I'm also getting clear discharge but I havnt had a period since September 2014 I was on the depo injection I'm waiting for my appointment to get a belly scan to see what's going on what does it mean with the jelly discharge can someone help me please as me and my partner are wanting to try for a baby I've took pregnancy tests and there negative. Sarah x

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Sarah

This discharge often means a sign of ovulation which is good news for you! I hope you have been having sex every other day but if not, it's ok, it may still mean that your reproduction system is getting back on track - once you get a period, you'll have much better odds of pregnancy. 

Remember that it can take some months to get back to normal after the Depo shot.  This discharge could mean you can expect your period in about 14 days. I know it may be disappointing to get a period but it's still good news in that your chances of conception are highter. 

Sarah, we hope you have good news for us soon - please share it with us if you do! 

clueless023

I have also been having clear whitish-jelly like discharge.. bit the thing is i have had it for almost a month, and sometimes when it comes out i think that i just got my period and when i check.its just discharge. I am sexually active but always use protection. after reading all the comments it would seem to be because of ovulation, but i am still worried because of how long it has been going on. i dont have anyother symptoms. no itching, burning or anu of that... help!

igr2492

Also, I've taken two pregnancy tests, a week apart from each other. Both are negative.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to igr2492)

Hi again!

It sounds like you may have a yeast infection or other kind of infection. You should get this checked with your doctor.

tyannamarie09 (reply to Susan Cody)

Kogbksy

igr2492

Hi! I know that you said it's normal, but I've been experiencing this again. But now it goes with lower back pain and a bit of cramps. Sometimes the discharge is lumpy or cheesy but it has recently gone from that to really jelly like. I've also missed my period but I stopped the pill so I'm irregular again. My last sexual activity was last week and it was protected. It can be a little itchy on the outside. What could be happening?

igr2492

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I recently experienced having heavy discharge. I thought i was getting my period but i looked and saw it was clear/whitish, and reaaally jelly like and almost like mucus. Should i be worried? Is there chance that i am pregnant? the last time i had sex we used protection. and a week and a half before that i just ended my period induced by plan b pills after unprotected sex.

hi igr2492

Thanks for your post. As we said up above, this discharge is normal. The heavier it gets (the jelly) is an indicator of ovulation. If you miss your next period take a pregnancy test but what you are experiencing is a normal part of a woman's monthly cycle.

~Susan

snq

thanx 4 ur quick reply! yeah, i m already connected with a trustworthy OB & hv already discussed the symptoms with her (to her everything is going smooth, nothing 2 worry abt) ....but still sumtimes i feel little worried abt these strange kinda vaginal discharges ...thtz why i ask u as well (2 get it verified again)... hope u undrstand now?
thanx again :)

How do you control your PMS?: