Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Jelly - like vaginal discharge

By igr2492

Hello! I have been experiencing really clear,really thick jelly-like vaginal discharge. i haven't had unprotected sex recently. I also had yeast infection before but it was treated and the symptoms are the exact opposite. am i just fertile/ovulating?

clueless023

I have also been having clear whitish-jelly like discharge.. bit the thing is i have had it for almost a month, and sometimes when it comes out i think that i just got my period and when i check.its just discharge. I am sexually active but always use protection. after reading all the comments it would seem to be because of ovulation, but i am still worried because of how long it has been going on. i dont have anyother symptoms. no itching, burning or anu of that... help!

igr2492

Also, I've taken two pregnancy tests, a week apart from each other. Both are negative.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to igr2492)

Hi again!

It sounds like you may have a yeast infection or other kind of infection. You should get this checked with your doctor.

tyannamarie09 (reply to Susan Cody)

Kogbksy

igr2492

Hi! I know that you said it's normal, but I've been experiencing this again. But now it goes with lower back pain and a bit of cramps. Sometimes the discharge is lumpy or cheesy but it has recently gone from that to really jelly like. I've also missed my period but I stopped the pill so I'm irregular again. My last sexual activity was last week and it was protected. It can be a little itchy on the outside. What could be happening?

igr2492

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I recently experienced having heavy discharge. I thought i was getting my period but i looked and saw it was clear/whitish, and reaaally jelly like and almost like mucus. Should i be worried? Is there chance that i am pregnant? the last time i had sex we used protection. and a week and a half before that i just ended my period induced by plan b pills after unprotected sex.

hi igr2492

Thanks for your post. As we said up above, this discharge is normal. The heavier it gets (the jelly) is an indicator of ovulation. If you miss your next period take a pregnancy test but what you are experiencing is a normal part of a woman's monthly cycle.

~Susan

snq

thanx 4 ur quick reply! yeah, i m already connected with a trustworthy OB & hv already discussed the symptoms with her (to her everything is going smooth, nothing 2 worry abt) ....but still sumtimes i feel little worried abt these strange kinda vaginal discharges ...thtz why i ask u as well (2 get it verified again)... hope u undrstand now?
thanx again :)

snq

hey susan! by the way, can u plz tell me wht happen if the same kinda discharge occur during pregnancy as well? do i still ovulating with having a 22 wks old fetus in my womb? or is tht something fishy?

Alison Beaver (reply to snq)

Hi snq,
Women do not ovulate when they are pregnant, but due to the increased hormones, you can experience different types of vaginal discharge (thicker, more quantity, etc). As long as it does not have a bad odor, there are no symptoms of itchiness or pain, it is most likely normal and healthy discharge.

Do you have any pregnancy books available to you, so you can read what to expect and all the changes your body will be going through during your pregnancy? There are great books that detail these changes (and talk about things like vagina discharge that is normal versus vagina discharge that has blood---this kind of discharge you need to call your OB/GYN immediately).

Are you currently under the care of an OB/GYN?

How do you control your PMS?: