ask: Jelly - like vaginal discharge

Hello! I have been experiencing really clear,really thick jelly-like vaginal discharge. i haven't had unprotected sex recently. I also had yeast infection before but it was treated and the symptoms are the exact opposite. am i just fertile/ovulating?

Anonymous

Hi
I Had Sex With My Girl Unprotected ... But Removed My Penis Before I Came For Climax... She Has a Complain That Her Vagina Is Wet She Is Feeling Like Jelly Inside Her Vagina And Has A Pain In Her Stomach When She Urinates... Plz Help I Don't want her to be pregnant

Anonymous

So last month I was showering and noticed a clump of clear jelly discharge came out of my vagina. I didn't have any other symptoms or anything. So just last night I noticed the same clear jelly like sac discharged from my vagina, with again no other symptoms. I usually have my period mid month. I have never noticed this before so I'm curious as to what it is and if I should be seen.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you have your period mid month for the most part, it would make sense that you are ovulating at the moment since it's end of month - about two weeks later. 

Many women see a big increase in this kind of fluid and it's perfectly normal. 

Anonymous

Hi. I had my period on the 10th after having unprotected sex with my husband for a week during ovulation. However I did not have sex 4 days prior to my period but now I am experiencing back and abdominal pains and just started seeing clear jelly discharges and sore breasts.
What could be the cause?

I'm not sure what you mean " I did not have sex 4 days prior to my period" - what does that specifically mean? 

It sounds like you are experiencing PMS but if you don't get your period when expected, take a test. 

If you've had your period since sex then you are not pregnant.

Anonymous

I'm also getting clear discharge but I havnt had a period since September 2014 I was on the depo injection I'm waiting for my appointment to get a belly scan to see what's going on what does it mean with the jelly discharge can someone help me please as me and my partner are wanting to try for a baby I've took pregnancy tests and there negative. Sarah x

Hi Sarah

This discharge often means a sign of ovulation which is good news for you! I hope you have been having sex every other day but if not, it's ok, it may still mean that your reproduction system is getting back on track - once you get a period, you'll have much better odds of pregnancy. 

Remember that it can take some months to get back to normal after the Depo shot.  This discharge could mean you can expect your period in about 14 days. I know it may be disappointing to get a period but it's still good news in that your chances of conception are highter. 

Sarah, we hope you have good news for us soon - please share it with us if you do! 

clueless023

I have also been having clear whitish-jelly like discharge.. bit the thing is i have had it for almost a month, and sometimes when it comes out i think that i just got my period and when i check.its just discharge. I am sexually active but always use protection. after reading all the comments it would seem to be because of ovulation, but i am still worried because of how long it has been going on. i dont have anyother symptoms. no itching, burning or anu of that... help!

igr2492

Also, I've taken two pregnancy tests, a week apart from each other. Both are negative.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to igr2492)

Hi again!

It sounds like you may have a yeast infection or other kind of infection. You should get this checked with your doctor.

How do you control your PMS?: