Joints sore after lifting weights

This seems kind of silly, but the other day (4 days ago) I did an intense arm workout with a personal trainer. This was the first time I had seriously worked out in a while, and he had me do about 25 reps on 3 different machines, all together (plus doing "the plank" 5 times at 60-second intervals). Now, my muscles are no longer sore, but my elbows hurt! Is it normal to have sore joints after lifting weights?

Thanks so much! I appreciate the advice!

Yes, this can happen with an intense workout like that, after sometime of inactivity. But it really should not happen. Your trainer probably overdid it with you which isn't a good thing and you could sustain an injury by doing this.

In future, take it more slowly!

If you continue to feel the way you are in the next couple of days (the pain has not begun to fade yet), you may want to consider seeing a health care provider to make sure you have not injured anything.