Just discovered a new second moon on my right hand thumb ail. Do I have a health problem?

I have just discovered new double half moons on several of my fingers and both thumbs. I recently suffered s 5-week
oral yeast infection and am wondering if this could have caused it.

Thanks for your question, it's a great one!

Nails can indeed be somewhat of an indicator of one's general health. Dry, cracked, or brittle nails can indicate a lack of vitamins or calcium.

Diabetes can also affect the nails.

Double half moons (lunula) don't necessarily mean you are in ill-health.Some people don't have them at all or only have them on their thumbs or certain fingers.

Anon, Western medicine doesn't pay much attention to half moons at all but Eastern mention believes that the moons on nails indicate good or bad oxygen flow or blood pressure/heart function.

But I cannot come across any study or opinions on double moods. I would doubt that it's something serious.

Are you experiencing ill-health at the moment?