Just in the last 2 days I have been experiencing a warm sensation that happens periodically throughout the day in my right lower butt cheek very close to the vagina. There is no pain anywhere just feels like something warm was poured in that area.

By Anonymous April 7, 2010 - 6:20pm

Anonymous

I have too had a very similar thing happening. However, mine is above the right butt cheek, bottom of back. Same thing intermittent heat, feels like someone's pouring hot liquid in one spot. Kinda scary, any thoughts? It seems to happen more and more often.

Anonymous

I've been feeling the exact same heat on but cheek, like something wet. It gets hot and then it's not. I am a diabetic with neuropathy in my feet and calves. This doesn't feel like that at all. Like sitting on something damp and very warm. There is no contact with anything hot at that time. It's a small area with no pain. The first couple of times I noticed it, I looked for what was burning me but it goes away so fast. I'm not sick, it doesn't hurt, just gets hot fast and then it's gone. Then I thought I sat on something like a damp hot cloth. Then I could find no causes and began to wonder. I've been wondering what the heck it is for a couple of weeks and here I am. Does anyone else ever get that feeling or know what it is? Thank you for any information you post.

Look into sciatica pain. It's a nerve that runs from your lower back down through both cheeks and down in your legs. I'm experiencing similar sensations and think this might be why. It can be due to a back injury, disc damage or tense muscles pulling on your discs. But I am no doctor. This is just a possible reason that I've researched myself.

I am having exactly the same thing for three days now and I am worried. Do you know what it is?

Anonymous

same exact feeling I have .what is that .Do you now now and what we can do for that ???????I am so worried .
I had yeast infection still little bit there I think and milk engorgment and little fever .fever gone but same warm pouring liquid feeling still is there on ryt side butt.same as ur description.
Please help me out.

Anon - Thanks for the additional information. The symptoms you're describing are somewhat puzzling, and it's hard to tell what you may be dealing with. It could well be some type of infection, as you mentioned. A warm or burning sensation can sometimes be an indicator of diabetes, or muscle problems or even nerve issues. If you continue to have pain then I'd suggest seeing your healthcare provider for an exam and, most likely, some diagnostic tests. If the back and pelvis pain become severe you definitely need to be seen as soon as possible. Sorry we can 't be more specific on this, and I hope you will keep us posted on how you're feeling and the next developments. Best, Pat

Anon - Can you tell us more about exactly what you're feeling, and when this is occurring? Does the warmth have a "pins and needles" type of sensation, or is it something else? Have you been engaged in any strenuous activities before getting the sensations, or have you just been in the normal course of your daily activities?

Tingling, burning, or numbness can be a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured. It's difficult to tell from the information we have so far if this is something you should consider, so please provide additional information. Thanks, Pat

Anonymous (reply to Pat Elliott)

The burning is more like warm liquid being pour on the area and was always on the right side. No pins and needles. The burning moved into my upper thigh for 2 days. I feel like I have been fighting an infection of some sort. I have had a low grade fever, slight nausea and generally feel weak. This morning I woke up and the burning is pretty much gone but my lower back and pelvis area are really sore and hurting.

(reply to Anonymous)

Anon,

I'm very glad the burning sensation is gone. How about the low-grade fever, the nausea?

You didn't mention whether you did any strenuous activity before you started experiencing this pain?

Have you had any numbness anywhere? Your toes, for instance? (A symptom of nerve pain, like Pat was suggesting).

How is the lower back and pelvic pain today?