ask: Just in the last 2 days I have been experiencing a warm sensation that happens periodically throughout the day in my right lower butt cheek very close to the vagina. There is no pain anywhere just feels like something warm was poured in that area.

By Anonymous April 7, 2010 - 6:20pm

same exact feeling I have .what is that .Do you now now and what we can do for that ???????I am so worried .
I had yeast infection still little bit there I think and milk engorgment and little fever .fever gone but same warm pouring liquid feeling still is there on ryt side butt.same as ur description.
Please help me out.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Anon - Thanks for the additional information. The symptoms you're describing are somewhat puzzling, and it's hard to tell what you may be dealing with. It could well be some type of infection, as you mentioned. A warm or burning sensation can sometimes be an indicator of diabetes, or muscle problems or even nerve issues. If you continue to have pain then I'd suggest seeing your healthcare provider for an exam and, most likely, some diagnostic tests. If the back and pelvis pain become severe you definitely need to be seen as soon as possible. Sorry we can 't be more specific on this, and I hope you will keep us posted on how you're feeling and the next developments. Best, Pat

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Anon - Can you tell us more about exactly what you're feeling, and when this is occurring? Does the warmth have a "pins and needles" type of sensation, or is it something else? Have you been engaged in any strenuous activities before getting the sensations, or have you just been in the normal course of your daily activities?

Tingling, burning, or numbness can be a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured. It's difficult to tell from the information we have so far if this is something you should consider, so please provide additional information. Thanks, Pat

Anonymous (reply to Pat Elliott)

The burning is more like warm liquid being pour on the area and was always on the right side. No pins and needles. The burning moved into my upper thigh for 2 days. I feel like I have been fighting an infection of some sort. I have had a low grade fever, slight nausea and generally feel weak. This morning I woke up and the burning is pretty much gone but my lower back and pelvis area are really sore and hurting.

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

I'm very glad the burning sensation is gone. How about the low-grade fever, the nausea?

You didn't mention whether you did any strenuous activity before you started experiencing this pain?

Have you had any numbness anywhere? Your toes, for instance? (A symptom of nerve pain, like Pat was suggesting).

How is the lower back and pelvic pain today?

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: