large lump in breast and swolen neck glands

By January 23, 2015 - 1:31pm

Hi there
I am 26 year old female and last week I found a tender painful large mass in my left breast which seemed to appear overnight.. I am in general good health at the moment. I am voiced in for test's on Monday but the waiting is killing me.. I am very worried as my glands in my neckhave now swolen up to the point where they hurt. I have posted on several sites and had no response.. Has anyone had anything similar and if so what did it turn out to be??

Many thank x

Hi Susan!

All went well I am so happy... It was swolen breast tissue.. Not a thing to worry about thank you for your advice x

Hi Susan,
Thanks so much for responding and for your kind words.. I hope you are right, everytime I search for answers I seem to get stuck on websites for breast cancer.. I can't seem to find anything more.

I will definitely keep you posted

Many thanks x

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your post and I am sorry you're dealing with this. Waiting is awful, I know but the bright side is that it's only a few days. 

Often times swollen glands are because there is a virus in your system. Or you may have a thyroid problem. There is an issue of cancer too but don't read up too much until you see the doctor, I think that will do more harm than good. 

I would think the mass in your breast may be connected - this could be a benign cyst, a tumor or a breast infection.  Breast cancer lumps don't hurt. 

In the meantime, I hope some women who have experienced something similar can help you. 

Will you give us an update next week, Rachel?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide