last month forgot three birth control pills all within the first three weeks and started bleeding...

By September 2, 2009 - 6:45am

but i carried on taking my pills during the bleeding then when it was time for my seven pill free days i stopped taking the pills for seven days. then started the next cycle and took them at the correct time for four days before having unprotected sex and it has been a week since and i have carried on taking my pills as normal and on time but im scared i could be pregnant? after missing the three pills last month as when i missed them i only took one instead of two the following day.... does this matter???

on the new pill packet the month after, i just took my pills as normal and did not miss any so just used the pill for protection as it had been atleast two weeks in which i had been taking my pills correctly since missing three??

Hi Laurah

If you did not catch up on your pills the day after your missed them, then ovulation (and therefore pregnancy) is somewhat increased. If you miss a day, you need to "double up" the next day. Take your missed pill as soon as you remember the next day and take your daily pill at the usual time. All on the same day.

When you say on your next cycle that you took your pills as usual but then "unprotected sex" can you explain that? Do you mean you missed more pills and had sex or do you mean you are still taking your pills as usual but only used the Pill for protection and not anything else, long a condom?