Late 30’s Intercourse

Chances of conception after intercourse 1 ½-2 days prior to ovulation on day 11 of 26 day cycle? Previous TTC, but unsuccessful. However, have been successful in the long-term past. Possible EWCM. No other charting completed. Is there a good chance here?

does that mean i have yet to ovulate?? my ovulation test has come back negative but i have that and cervics are soft?? confused.

Oh I see - the sensation during ovulation! Also known as mittelschmerz!

Yes, this could be the case. Just make sure you're active all week.

hey i am having a pinching sensation in my left overy is this a good time to try anc concive?? not sure if it means i am ovulating or about to?? i am not really due to ovulate til thursday?

I'm unsure as to what the pinching sensation is but it certainly can't hurt things to have sex now and plenty of it this week.

the pinching i speack of ix what i feel each month mid month :) i think it's called middle pain.

We have, although I think day 15 is too late. I will be surprised this month if I do not turn up pregnant. Do you think I have a good possibility? Thanks so much for the support. When do you think signs will appear?

(reply to Anonymous)

I assume you are the same Anon whom Susan has been speaking with?

Your response "we have"...is this regarding having sex every-other day?

I agree with Susan--it can cause more stress to over-calculate (beyond just tracking, but then to over-analyze the tracking data), and only have sex once or twice during what you believe is your fertile period. Experts are actually recommending that couples trying to conceive have sex often throughout their cycle (whether you believe you are fertile or not), in order to increase your chances that you will have sex during a fertile time. And, Susan is right...the experts do say that if you are having sex "only" during your predicted fertile time, that these dates should include cycle days 10-20. I agree---it seems like day 15 is too late---but you never know! As long as you are enjoying the sex process (and it does not become a "duty" most of the time), and you have been trying for less than 12 months...try to stop analyzing so much and enjoy the process. When you do become pregnant...you'll be so glad you did!

Lastly, your last question "when will signs appear?" Unfortunately, the primary sign of pregnancy is a missed period. You would think that something as magical as conception would produce more symptoms, but it is not the case. Other early pregnancy signs are almost identical to pre-menstrual signs: sore breasts, acne, headache, fatigue, mood changes, lower back pain, cramps (and, this makes sense, as they are all hormone-related).

I said the same thing when we were trying to become pregnant ("I will be surprised this month if we're not!"), as we try so long NOT to become pregnant in our younger years, that the moment we're off birth control and having frequent unprotected sex...we think that we will instantly become pregnant! Or, at least in a month or two. It is amazing, as Susan said, there is "only" about a 20% chance of pregnancy each cycle (depending on age and other factors, of course). That is why it is VERY normal for couples to take up to 12 months to conceive.

We wish you the best, and let us know of any good news!

Sorry you don't have good news to report this month - but I think you may be "over-calculating" a bit and not having enough sex!

It's great to chart your cycle and be as aware as you are but I don't think - by looking at your dates and activity - that you are engaging in enough sexual activity. I think your better bet is to have sex every other day from days 10 to days 20 (and feel free any other day, too!) to ensure you don't miss ovulation. It's no guarantee of becoming pregnant but by having more sex in that 10 day period, you'll be in a better position not to miss ovulation and it's less pressure to look up dates and watch out for signs. Although it only takes one time, having more sex will increase your odds.

Good luck, I really hope to hear some good news from you really soon!

Not pregnant last cycle.

I am wondering whether I am miscalculating. Maybe I really ovulate later than I think even on a 26 day-cycle. So, my husband and I had intercourse on cycle day 11 and 13 this month. It is cycle day 16 now. I think there was definitely EWCM this time, although I thought that last time too. I read all of these posts about pregnancy, but it is really hard for some people.

Any advice on the signs here and staying positive. We haven't had intercourse on day 13 yet so maybe it will work. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Today, which would possibly (at the earliest) be day 5 after fertilization, may be considered too early for implantation then, huh? I usually consider my cycle similar to the way you do as I did above using my cycle days (CD).
CD 1- Period
CD 11- Intercourse (late evening), CM good
CD 13- Ovulation (possibly around then)
CD 17- Cramping (TODAY...AUG.4)
CD 26- Period
What do you think?