Late Period?

By October 25, 2012 - 1:57pm

My period is late by six days. I'm sllightly crampy with moodiness. and breast soreness.I am active, however, we use condoms or he pulls out. Could it be my sinus infection and stress making it late?

So most likely I'm not pregnant? Considering we do both?

Guide (reply to Gickey65)

Hi Gickey65,

Using the two methods protects you better than just one. However, using birth control, such as oral contraceptive, an IUD, or the Depo-Provera injection, prevents pregnancy more effectively.

Again, if your period doesn't start soon, test for pregnancy. This will eliminate any more guessing and reduce your anxiety.

Hello Gickey65,

Stress and illness, like a sinus infection, can cause a delay in the start of your period. However, condoms are about 98% effective in preventing pregnancy. Of every 100 women whose partners use the pull out method, four will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly. Men who use the pull out method must be able to know when they are reaching the point of sexual excitement when ejaculation can no longer be stopped or postponed.

If your period doesn't start within the next week, take a home pregnancy test. This will eliminate any unnecessary concerns.