ask: Late Period?

By anon345

I don't recall my boyfriend and I doing anything other than dry humping and that's about it. I got my period Nov. 2,I THINK. I know it was either the 2nd or 1st and it's Dec. 4th and I haven't gotten it yet,why is this? The only other thing I can think of was that he may have had precum on the tip of his penis and not thinking after peeing whipping,but this was november 30th. Can someone help me? I'm a worry-wort. Thanks.

anon345

Is there a chance at all? That's all I'm wondering. From what I've described.

I don't think there is a much of a chance that pregnancy is the reason for delay in the start of your period. The only way to know is to take a home pregnancy test. Wait until you are late by at least one week, and test with the first urine of the morning.

anon345

By what I've described does it seem possible at all?

Hello anon345,

Pregnancy is one, the most obvious, but not the only reason for a late period.

The monthly menstrual cycle is regulated by hormones. It starts with the hypothalamus, which sends a signal to the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland releases FSH to the ovaries. As the cycle progresses, the other hormones, LH, progesterone and estrogen are released. Any thing that interferes with this hormonal balance can trigger an irregularity in your menstrual cycle.

Stress and anxiety, excessive weight loss or weight gain, eating disorders, certain medications including antidepressants and oral corticosteroids, and hormonal imbalance or problems with your thyroid gland cause a late period.

If your period is late beyond one week, you could take a home pregnancy test. But, if you have not had penetrating vaginal sex, I don't think you are pregnant. If you continue to not get your period in December and January, you might want to schedule an appointment with your physician.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: