ask: Late period 2 months in a row...

By brittmc

This is the second month in a row that my period is late. Last month my period was a week late. When it came, it only lasted about 4 days and was light. My periods usually last 5-6 days and are heavier. I figured my cycle was just changing; however, I was late again this month, this time by *hopefully* by only 2 days. (There was a little blood earlier when I used the bathroom.) I am not on any birth control, and my boyfriend and I do not use condoms all the time, usually he just pulls out. (Yes, I know that isn't good.) I've been very nauseous for the past few weeks, my appetite has changed (not as hungry & when I do eat I have to force myself to finish just a little bit of food), and just not feeling like myself. I also lost 10 pounds in about 3-4 weeks without trying-BEFORE the nauseous & appetite change really started happening. My boyfriend is thinking we need to take a pregnancy test. Any other ideas about what this could be? Is it normal? I really don't want to be pregnant...kind of been in denial about the whole thing. Thanks!

plainjane31

I was 4 days late in October, my period lasted the normal 5 days, now here it is November and I am already 2 days late.. Can you PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON???

Anonymous

hello, I was 4 days late month in October, my period lasted for the normal 5 days, now here it is November and I am already 2 days late.. I have not taken a pregnancy test.. Can you PLEASE tell me what is going on?

Possible reasons for a late (2 weeks late) period would be pregnancy, if you are having unprotected sex, perimenopausal changes, if you are in your 40s or 50s, hormonal condition, such as hyperthyroidism or lifestyle changes, such as excessive exercise, stress or extreme weight loss or extreme weight gain.

Hope this helps you find the reason for your late period.

Anonymous

the same thing happen to me tooo but its going on for 3 now it went from the 2nd to 7 to the 15 and this month i still anit started its noww two weeks late

From what you have shared, I don't think that you are pregnant. Yes, you are at a high risk for conceiving since you and your boyfriend are having unprotected sex. And yes, "pulling out" is not an effective form of birth control.

I am thinking more in the line of a problem with your thyroid gland. The thyroid gland produces hormones, which are essential for the function of every cell in the body.

Some symptoms of hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid gland include fatigue, irregular menstrual periods even lack of menstrual periods, weight loss, nausea and vomiting.

Either way, possible pregnancy or some other condition, I think you should make an appointment for a general physical exam, including blood tests, with your primary care physician.

brittmc (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks for the quick reply! I will definitely be making a doctor's appointment to determine what's wrong.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: