Q: 

Late period 2 months in a row...

By April 19, 2012 - 2:46pm

This is the second month in a row that my period is late. Last month my period was a week late. When it came, it only lasted about 4 days and was light. My periods usually last 5-6 days and are heavier. I figured my cycle was just changing; however, I was late again this month, this time by *hopefully* by only 2 days. (There was a little blood earlier when I used the bathroom.) I am not on any birth control, and my boyfriend and I do not use condoms all the time, usually he just pulls out. (Yes, I know that isn't good.) I've been very nauseous for the past few weeks, my appetite has changed (not as hungry & when I do eat I have to force myself to finish just a little bit of food), and just not feeling like myself. I also lost 10 pounds in about 3-4 weeks without trying-BEFORE the nauseous & appetite change really started happening. My boyfriend is thinking we need to take a pregnancy test. Any other ideas about what this could be? Is it normal? I really don't want to be pregnant...kind of been in denial about the whole thing. Thanks!

Anonymous

Hello, my period starts 24th-28th of the end of the month and ends at the beginning of the next month 3rd-5th day so during march of 2017 i never got my period, but when i did i got it april 8th-9th of 2017 and it lasted for two days and was heavy. so during march and april ire been having lower back pain, sore breast, bad nausea and headaches and i'm not as hungry as i used to be. and now it's May and my period was late again, i was light pink spotting on wednesday, then thursday and today it got heavy. and my boobs are still sore and my lower back is hurting and i still have bad nausea, and my period is never late and need irregular it's always been light and regular, i don't know what's going on. so please help

Hello Anon

It sounds like you may have developed a hormonal imbalance; please consult your gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hi. My last normal period started November 9. It usually last 3-4 days . It seems like it is going to stop and then starts up again. But in December it didn't start til the 13th and it seemed my heaviest days were 2 days. Now it's January and still haven't started. If it's not pregnancy, I may go to the doctor. A few days ago it felt like I had cramping and getting ready to start but still nothing. What should I do?

(reply to Anonymous)

My period been late for two months and i don't what is going i feel sick on in off like right know im not feeling good urinating all the time and so tired when my period do come on its on for 4 dayd and go off and plus when it do come on it be heavey for the month of april and month may it have not came on today

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

How old are you? Have you had unprotected intercourse since you last normal period?

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any upset or imbalance will cause changes.

Pregnancy is just one situation, perimenopause is another. It would be wise to schedule an appointment with your gynecologist.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

hi. i am very confused as to what is going on with my body. i had a regualer period oct. 14 and it lasted about 3 days which is normal but then the following month i was late 18 days on my period and when i did start i had a "barbie" pink lotion like fluid come out that eventually turned red thruout the day and itonly lasted maybe 2 days...... now i am currently 12 days late this month and all the hpt i take keep coming back negitive. What should i do????!!!! Me and my fiance want to be pregnant so so bad! someone please help me understand this!!!

Hello Anon

It sounds like you are very irregular - you may have a hormonal imbalance. Consult your gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hi just wanna ask what's happening to me, for the first time last month my perood was 3 days late, then it came and last for 7 days and negative pt results. then this month im also delayed for three days, which is not usual for me because my period is always on time. Anyway me and my husband are trying to conceive for 10 months now, been so paranoid, I don't know whats happening to me. I haven't take a pt yet because I don't want to disappoint myself again and again. I hope u can help me out.

If you feel stress or pressure about getting pregnant, your cycle can change.

Give yourself a few more months of trying and if you have no success, talk to a doctor.

Anonymous

Ive been 4-5 days late for the past 2 months. Its really light and i usually bleed horribly. I am on birthcontrol and have been for over a year. The guy im seeing doesnt wear protection but usually pulls out. Only a couple times has he failed to pull out. Ive taken home pregnancy test and they have came out negative. What is wrong with me?

Tags: